Delaware County Public Relations
The Delaware County Bureau of Elections has completed mailing more than 50,000 vote-by-mail ballots, including mail-in and absentee ballots. The deadline to apply for a Vote-by-Mail ballot is Nov. 1.
Delaware County Elections reminds voters to properly mark, seal, and return the vote-by-mail ballot to ensure that the ballot can be counted. Voters must:
- Place the marked ballot in the white ‘Secrecy Envelope’ provided with their ballot (this envelope, per State Law, is marked “Official Ballot Envelope”).
- Seal the Secrecy Envelope.
- Place the sealed Secrecy Envelope into the Ballot Return Envelope.
- Seal the Ballot Return Envelope.
- Sign the declaration (on the back of the Ballot Return Envelope).
- Enter the date where indicated (on the back of the Ballot Return Envelope).
- Return the sealed Ballot Return Envelope.
Ballot Return Envelopes can be returned to any drop box location. The complete list of sites, including hours of operation, are available at delcopa.gov/dropbox. Voters can also return their completed ballots through the US Postal Service. If using the US Postal Service, voters are encouraged to use the drop-offs inside the lobby of a local post office.
Voters may verify the status of their ballot on the PA Department of State website at vote.pa.gov/MailBallotStatus. If a voter needs help or information he or she can call the Delaware County Election Hotline at (610) 891-VOTE (8683).